As an indispensable part of automobile tire, we must pay attention to it when using it. Especially in daily maintenance, how often do we change the tire valve? We must not forget the valve of the tire when we carry out tire maintenance. If we can not replace the tyre valve in time, we will have safety risks when driving, especially the probability of tyre bursting will be improved.
How to judge the life of tire valve
- Because valve is an inevitable aging problem of rubber, valve experience gradually cracks, deformation and elasticity. When the vehicle is running, the rubber valve will also change with the centrifugal force swing back and forth, which will cause the rubber to aging. Generally speaking, the service life of rubber valve is 3-4 years, which is not much different from that of tire. Therefore, it is recommended to replace rubber valve together when changing tires.
- In order to avoid the aging of rubber valve, metal valve has appeared gradually on the market, and steel valve is one of them. Due to the change of material, the price of steel valve is much higher than that of rubber valve. The service life of steel valve is twice or three times of rubber valve. This is mainly due to its metal material is not easy to be oxidized, and metal valve has better air tightness.
The air nozzles and their components of the tires were originally made of rubber, and therefore will age over time. When buying new tires, replace them at the same time. In high speed driving, the aged rubber nozzle with cracks may bend due to centrifugal force, resulting in air leakage. The air leakage of different tires is very slow and difficult to detect. It is easy to cause the tire to drive under low air pressure. It brings hidden danger to the safety of driving. The valve cap is also very important, and its main function is air isolation, and also helps to block dust and debris. The air nozzle and cap should be checked regularly for good condition to ensure that the air seal of the tire is maintained, the service life of the tire is prolonged and the correct tire pressure is maintained.
Types of tyre valves
- Rubber valve
As the most common valve, the lower cost makes rubber valve widely assembled on the original wheel rim, and the cost of replacement is very low in the future. The price of 20 yuan / set (4) is the cheapest in three kinds of valve mouths. However, due to the inevitable aging of rubber materials, the valve gradually cracked, deformed and lost elasticity. When the vehicle is running, the rubber valve will also change with the centrifugal force swing back and forth, which will cause the rubber to aging. Generally speaking, the service life of rubber valve is 3-4 years, which is not much different from that of tire. Therefore, it is recommended to replace rubber valve together when changing tires. 2. Steel valve
In order to avoid the aging of rubber valve, metal valve has appeared gradually on the market, and steel valve is one of them. Due to the change of material, the price of steel valve is much higher than that of rubber valve. The price of one set is about 150 yuan, and the price of single valve is about 50 yuan. The service life of steel valve is twice or three times that of rubber valve, which is mainly due to its metal material is not easy to be oxidized, and metal valve has better air tightness. However, the weight of steel valve is the heaviest of three kinds of valve mouth, and the total weight of 4 steel valves reaches 150g. Considering the dynamic balance of the tire, more weight blocks should be installed on the wheel rim after the steel valve is installed, which will increase the vehicle’s under spring mass.
- Aluminum alloy valve
Aluminum alloy valve is also a metal valve, its service life and air tightness are equivalent to steel valve, but the price is higher than that of steel valve. The price of 200 yuan / set and 60 yuan / piece is somewhat annoying. This is mainly because aluminum alloy is lighter than steel, which is undoubtedly more favorable for the dynamic balance of wheels.
How to judge whether the tire should be changed
- See if there is any injury on the tire surface, such as drum bag or deformation, whether the nails are nailed or cracked, and if there are too many sundries, it is necessary to clean it in time. If there are visible cracks and cuts on the sidewall of the tire, it is possible to have cracks in the future, and more seriously, it will cause tire burst. So, to see these phenomena, we need to replace the new tire as soon as possible.
- The owner who knows a little bit of common sense of tire knows whether the tread is worn or not. There is an indication mark for wear on each tire. That is, this mark can be used as a reference value for tire wear. When the tread of the tire surface is worn to less than 1.6mm, it should be replaced. The general domestic car can replace the tires every 60000 km or 5 years or so. If the tread is severely worn, it should be replaced in advance.
- Depending on the production date of the tire, the life of the tire is limited. Even if you don’t use it, it should be replaced for about 4 to 5 years. Because the rubber will be aged after a long time, the tire also has a shelf life. Naturally, there will be a production date. Generally, do not buy wheel tyres with a production date of more than three years. After the shelf life, although the wear problem is not serious, the rubber of the tire will always aging. It will also affect the safety of driving.